It’s one of those weekends where you have to run from show to party to festival to rave to fit it all in. If you’re in the know, you have heard and secured tickets for the Bang!On party this weekend as well as the 2-day Out In The Streets Festival, among perusing other options. If you have no idea what we mean, read on for some enlightening music recommendations.
5. Field Mouse, All my Friends @ Cake Shop (FRI 9PM, $8)
Field Mouse makes some gorgeous dream pop. What better place to experience that than the glow zone of Cake Shop in the LES?
4. Steel Drums BBQ @ 35 Beadle Street (FRI 10PM, $5)
Eat some “healthy bbq” (prepared by Prince Rama) and then dance it off with live performances from Isiah, Junglepussy, and Pictureplane DJ set. This is for the party people!
3. Shabazz Palaces, THEE Satifaction @ Fort Green Park (SAT doors 2PM, $FREE)
Shabazz Palaces pretty much invented their style of slithering, smart, sexy hiphop. Join them and their talented co-headliners for a free show in Fort Greene Park Saturday. Awesome.
2. BangOn! presents Frequency @ Location Secret Until You Buy Tickets (Sat 11PM-6AM, $20-30, buy tickets, they will sell out)
This one’s for the ragers. BangOn! mixes an exquisite rave-like atmosphere with great art, food, installations, world-class DJs and a diverse crowd that you could meet all night long. And don’t worry – location is in Brooklyn near Bushwick.
1. Out In The Streets Festival at Onderdonk Farm House (SAT/SUN 2-12PM, 2-day pass $20, individual tickets also available)
We’ve raved enough, now it’s time to enjoy the glory that will be a festival overflowing with great indie/rock/electonic/etc bands ready to rock your world. Food, drinks, shopping, nature, kiddy pool, let’s go!