Great news, Bushwick folks off the Central M stop! Your social life shall once again include hopping on the M train at Central Ave station and riding all the way to Manhattan or Queens! The MTA has announced that the station will reopen to the public today at 4PM after five months of repairs. We suspect that 3,500 daily MTA customers are celebrating right now. No more walking to Knickerbocker M, Myrtle/Broadway JMZ or, worse, riding a bus!
The $11 million works on Central Ave M station included:
• Entire reconstruction of the control house
• Refurbishment of the station agent booth
• Full replacement of street and platform stairs, new canopies
• Installation of new windscreens, including MTA Arts for Transit artwork
• Structural repairs throughout the station
• Installation of new drainage system
• Repair of column bases
The work on the Central Ave station was part of $47 million post-Sandy train renewal projects. Work on the Knickerbocker Ave station were finalized in February and component work is currently being performed at three stations in Queens (Seneca Av., Forest Av., and Fresh Pond Rd.).
Sounds fancy to us! See you on the M train!