By Katarina Hybenova
Did you know that there is an amazing urban farm on the roof of the Brooklyn Fire Proof complex in the middle of the industrial jungle on Ingraham Street? It’s called Farm in the Sky, and tonight you can check it out, get a tour, have a lot of fun while at it and help out a good cause.
Raise the Roof 2 is a benefit to to help raise funds for a youth empowerment initiative of EcoStation:NY. EcoStation:NY, dear friends, is a non-profit organization behind Bushwick Farmers Market (yaay!), Bushwick Campus Farm (wohoo!), and most importantly for tonight, behind the Farm in the Sky on top of Brooklyn Fire Proof.
A donation of $10 will get you (besides a good feeling, naturally) Beekeeping 101 workshops and tours of Farm-in-the-Sky, live reggae band Radical Revolution, a Night Market (a mini Bushwick Farmers’ Market), an open-air jam session (musicians welcome!), a photo exhibit by Katarzyna Gawin, and Farm-in-the-Sky-inspired food and drink specials by Chef Marie Tribouilloy and local mixologists.
Come early because the fun starts at 7pm already! Here is the schedule:
* Night Market opens (open until 11:00pm)
* Art Show: Photography by Katarzyna Gawin in the Gallery
* Farm-in-the- Sky-inspired café specials by Chef Marie Tribouilloy
7:00pm & 8:00pm
* Beekeeping 101 and Farm-in-the-Sky tour
* with Maggie Cheney, Matthew Lebon, and D Rooney of EcoStation:NY
* Open Air Farmers’ Market Jam Band with special guest Angel Vera (Make the Road NY)
* Farm-in-the-Sky-inspired Specialty Cocktails (while they last!)
* Live reggae in the Gallery with Radical Revolution
Raise the Roof 2, RSVP on Facebook here, 7-midnight at Brooklyn Fire Proof, tonight, Friday August 10!