Bushwick wine bar The Bodega was forced to temporarily close its doors over the busy holiday weekend when a fire briefly broke out, causing damage near the top of its building.
Electrical fire on the third floor of our building, closed for brunch 🙁
— The Bodega Wine Bar (@The_Bodega) May 28, 2016
The fire wasn’t the only one that took place in the neighborhood over the weekend: the Daily New reports that the FDNY rescued several kittens and a rabbit from a fire in a Broadway appliance shop on Sunday.
Holiday barbecues do not seem to have been the cause of either fire—but here are the city’s seasonal fire safety tips anyway.
This story will be updated with additional information as it is received.