Calling all Bushwick fashion and art buffs. This Saturday, Farewell Bar will kick off its first official Farewell Pop-up Market with 8 independent vendors.
From 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Farewell Bar at 143 Troutman St. will be turned into a local marketplace full of designers and artists offering items ranging from beauty products, streetwear, vintage clothing and handmade shoes to photography and artwork. Food and drinks will be made available by La Window creperie and Farewell.
“Apart from being a place where you can find very unique brands, pieces and artwork, the marketplace is a great place to connect with like-minded individuals,” said Ana Teran, the curator of the marketplace and the founder, designer and creative director of Gala Octuvre, a Brooklyn-based clothing brand inspired by Cuban heritage, which will be selling items at the marketplace in collaboration with local artist Destiny Santana.
The full vendor list includes:
- Broadway Local: a fashion label drawing inspiration from the streets of New York City
- Denem: A denim and textiles brand based out of Los Angeles
- ANTILOOKS: a vintage, handmade and modern selection based in Brooklyn
- Diona West: a New York based creative focusing on 2D animation and illustration
- La Cienega: a Mexican footwear brand based in New York
- Kreislauf: a new and vintage collection based in New York
- Gala Octuvre: a Brooklyn-based fashion concept based around traditional roots of Cuban heritage
- Destiny Santana: a local artist who draws inspiration from the lively streets of New York City as well her Cuban heritage.
“I wanted to generate a diverse group, not only in what they have to offer but also where they’re from and what their brands represent,” said Teran.
Farewell hosted a three-vendor pop-up market in June, but that was more of trial run, said Teran. This Saturday’s event is the first official Farewell Pop-up Market, and the plan is to make it a monthly event.
Bushwick Daily will be tabling outside of the Farewell Pop-up Market on Saturday. All who subscribe to Bushwick Daily at the marketplace will receive free Bushwick Daily merch and a beer, well shot or drink on the house. Come say hey!
Feature image: Sabrina Simpson
For more news, sign up for Bushwick Daily’s newsletter.
Join the fight to save local journalism by becoming a paid subscriber.