Photo courtesy of News 12

How awful, another fire in Bushwick! The blaze on Irving Ave unfortunately left dozens of Bushwick residents’ homeless Sunday morning. Fire officials think it was an electrical fire that started on the second floor of the building.

Thankfully all of the residents in the six-unit building made it out ok (pets included) but there is still a feeling of hopelessness left with the displaced tenants.

“We’re all homeless. We lost everything, we’re all students and low-income [residents]. This was our livelihood,” one tenant said.

The Red Cross is working with the residents to help them get into a shelter in the mean time. Watch [News 12] for all the details.