Having too many options is one of the best things about living in New York City. We are constantly being pulled to this show and that cafe or to that gallery or this park. Sometimes our options feel limitless…but they’re not! When it comes down to it, you need to make a decision! Luckily the events we picked out allow you some flexibility. For one, they’re spread out over three days and they’re all local, which sort of allows you to bar hop. One of the events is all day so you can pop in and out! It doesn’t matter which show you go to, just go to one!
8. Shark? / The Woolen Men / Lame Drivers / Hippy @ Shea Stadium (Sunday, 8PM, $8)
Brooklyn favorites, Shark? headline this 4 set show at Shea this Sunday. Rock out to some garage-rock and post-punk.
7. Pompeya Tropical Tour 2013: Pompeya, Psychic Twin, Genghis Han @ 285 Kent (Friday, 8PM, $8)
285 Kent hosts this years Pompeya Tropical Tour! Have a great time dancing to electronic, synth-pop. Pompeya is all the way from Russia, so you should definitely check them out!
6. Big Ups / Cum Blood / Dark Room / Villager / Sharkmuffin @ The Living Gallery BK (Friday, 9PM, $5)
Make your way to The Living Gallery for some local Brooklyn bands. Dark Room (formerly Night Visions) put on a killer set and Sharkmuffin will shred and scream their hearts out. Cum Blood and Big Ups are crazy Brooklynites that will blow your mind.
5. Connect 6.0 with Doldrums / Rioux / Crux @ Ran Tea House (Saturday, 10PM, $8 Before 12AM, $10 After)
Connect is back to bring you a fantastic dance night. DJ sets by Doldrums and Rio and a live performance by Crux. There will also be visual art by Paulapart, Many Mandelstein, Sarah Faitell, and Katie Sullivan
4. Pagan Rituals / Shilpa Ray / Awkward Girls / Spires / Toons @ Big Snow Buffalo Lodge (Sunday, 8PM, $7)
Head to Big Snow this Sunday to check out some great noisy, distorted, garage-punk bands. Make sure to check out Pagan Rituals as it’s their first weekend playing! Show some support!
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/85898031″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
3. BK Exchange with Speedy Ortiz / Island Twins / Advaeta / Idiot Genes / Lunchbox @ The Silent Barn (Friday, 8PM, $8)
1.21 Gigawatts and Boston blog, Allston Pudding are putting on a kickoff show for their Brooklyn Exchange Program. It’s two bands from Boston and two bands from Brooklyn. Island Twins, who have been out of commission for a couple of months, finally found a new drummer and are back in the game! Be there!
[bandcamp album=530990347 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]
2. Market Hotel Tag Sale / Narwhalz of Sound / Cammissa Buerhaus / DJ Mr. Ad Hoc / Special Guests TBA @ Market Hotel (Saturday, 12PM-8PM)
The kids in Market Hotel are moving out! They’re renovating BIG time and are “selling off 5 years’ worth of relics/detritus.” Stop by and buy something! There will also be live performances and special guests! All of the proceeds go towards the Market Hotel Project.
1. BD X BD: Turnip King / pow wow! / Las Rosas / The Teen Age / Cosmonaut @ Living Bread Deli (Friday, 8PM, $8)
Bushwick Daily and BirdDog are teaming up to throw a killer show. Four great bands and FREE Narragansett Lager until they run out! This is one show not to miss!