Bushwick Daily Logo Menu sandwich Loupe Views Comments Comments Location Refresh Star Lock Lock Button Edit Button Socials: Facebook Socials: Twitter Socials: Instagram Socials: Youtube Socials: RSS Socials: E-mail Author Next page Previous page Comment rating up Comment rating down Comment parent Close Community icon Desktop site Subscribe Settings Message Remove Upload s

A Holiday Weekend Electrical Fire Briefly Shuttered Bushwick's Bodega Bar

Bushwick wine bar The Bodega was forced to temporarily close its doors over the busy holiday weekend when a fire briefly broke out, causing damage near the top of its building

bodega donation

Bushwick wine bar The Bodega was forced to temporarily close its doors over the busy holiday weekend when a fire briefly broke out, causing damage near the top of its building.

Electrical fire on the third floor of our building, closed for brunch :-(

— The Bodega Wine Bar (@The_Bodega) May 28, 2016

The 3-story building at 24 St. Nicholas Ave at Troutman St, has housed the Spanish-style wine bar whose owners also operate several other spots around the neighborhood for more than six years.

The fire wasn't the only one that took place in the neighborhood over the weekend: the Daily New reports that the FDNY rescued several kittens and a rabbit from a fire in a Broadway appliance shop on Sunday.

Holiday barbecues do not seem to have been the cause of either fire—but here are the city's seasonal fire safety tips anyway.

This story will be updated with additional information as it is received.

Bushwick Daily Newsletter

Comments

Subscribe
Comments are loading
to leave comments.