Bushwick Daily Logo Menu sandwich Loupe Views Comments Comments Location Refresh Star Lock Lock Button Edit Button Socials: Facebook Socials: Twitter Socials: Instagram Socials: Youtube Socials: RSS Socials: E-mail Author Next page Previous page Comment rating up Comment rating down Comment parent Close Community icon Desktop site Subscribe Settings Message Remove Upload s

Fire on Irving Leaves Residents Homeless

Photo courtesy of News 12

Photo courtesy of News 12

How awful, another fire in Bushwick! The blaze on Irving Ave unfortunately left dozens of Bushwick residents’ homeless Sunday morning. Fire officials think it was an electrical fire that started on the second floor of the building.

Thankfully all of the residents in the six-unit building made it out ok (pets included) but there is still a feeling of hopelessness left with the displaced tenants.

“We’re all homeless. We lost everything, we’re all students and low-income [residents]. This was our livelihood,” one tenant said.

The Red Cross is working with the residents to help them get into a shelter in the mean time. Watch [News 12] for all the details.

 

Comments

Subscribe
Comments is loading
Login in order to comment